Thursday, September 29, 2011

MIA?

Yikes; I've been terrible at updating.

The most recent event has been receiving our apartment re-lease information.  Rent has gone up a huge amount, and while we could pay it, Allen and I really don't believe we get enough to pay that much (we have a one bedroom apartment.  There's only so much you want to pay for ONE ROOM, no matter how nice it is).  In any case, the last few days/week have been spent searching for and researching alternate housing online, and starting visits.

Still holding out hope they'll lower the re-lease amount, to something we'd be happy with... but I'm not sure.  In any case, that's been mildly annoying (to put it lightly).

I often think of things I want to post about, but never do it.  So, here's a list.  Feel free to imagine what wonderfully inventive and enlightening posts they may be:

  • The trail we go biking on.  I've seen the strangest things-- from a bird in a cage strapped to a cyclists back, to a guy with no legs, zipping along on a little 4-wheeled contraption, powered by his arms.  It's amazing to see quick snapshots of other peoples' lives as you pass by each other.
  • On a similar note, there's a certain stretch of the trail that, if you're on it at the right time of day, is positioned perfectly east-to-west, meaning you can see a perfect shadow of yourself in front of you.  I love this.  In that silhouette, I can see my crazy calves and powerful thighs, and it makes me feel so strong and alive!  Which alwasy makes me think-- why do we strive for an unattainable, perfect "hollywood" body?  The body is an amazing thing; why not celebrate all that it can do?  For the record, I usually hate my body, but in those few moments when I see that shadow, I feel proud.
  • And leading off of that, I realized I have begun to assume that people know things about me.  For instance, I assume it's public knowledge that I used to have an eating disorder.  To me, it is an integral part of my being.  So when I meet someone new, and say, "Hi, I'm Rosanne," I assume that what I'm really telling the person is, "I'm Rosanne, I had an eating disorder but I'm fine now, but I'm still uncomfortable with myself once in a while"..which of course is just silly!  So, I wonder what everyone else assumes they are conveying to new acquaintances?
  • I'm also getting entirely too excited about Christmas.  It's only 86 days away, you know!  There are so many things I want to do and make and see.  But, alas-- not enough time (or money) to do them all.  Crafts, decorations, treats (both sweet and savory!), places to go and see and things to do with friends and family... I'm so excited!
  • I already planned my cat's halloween costume.  That's right, I am making my cat a halloween costume.  I'm probably the most ridiculous person ever.
  • Can't we just buy a house already?
  • And while I'm at it, can I please have my own private airplane?  It doesn't even have to be a jet; I'll take a nice turboprop.  When does the HondaJet go into full production?  Can I get in line?

This list has turned into a random list of what's on my mind, and less about exciting posts.  In any case, I'll try to get better about posting.

No comments:

Post a Comment